WrathofDragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrathofDragons

The Wrath of Dragons is here to bring the wrath of the Dragons to uni 39. We have experienced every concept of Ogame: War, Trades, CRs, HoFs and peace. We want to take over this universe over by what ever means possible. We will protect everyone who joins

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blah blah - At the agony aunt's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brynhild

Brynhild

Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Empty
PostSubject: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 7:38 pm

I want to feel important and have my name be the first in a new thread. Blah blah is therefore the topic and also a new game. The only rule is: Be kind to your team mates. Otherwise feel free to tease, puke on, tickle, make others look idiotic or whatever whilst expressing yourself. Your input can be either constructive or not, either art or not, either sensible or not. You are allowed to shout, laugh, cry or whatever here and I can be your agony aunt if you wish. Doesn't it sound tempting? I love you
Back to top Go down
Brynhild

Brynhild

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm

"There are many tricks to this game and I seem so slow at picking them up Sad Do I have to kill other planets to move faster up the ranks?"

"Yes you do, play tough and aggressively, no girly girly acts will help you at all"

"BLAH! I'm not cut out for this"
Back to top Go down
lonewolf1221

lonewolf1221

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:30 am

WhAt?
Back to top Go down
sasori3

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 1:09 pm

Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
Brynhild

Brynhild

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 3:27 pm

I know it is not that common for male human people beings to express feeeeeelings, right, but sometimes someone might need to complain about something or tell another person with a pulse a secret or something, so that's why I started this thread. Just in case kind of. Okay?

And as you can see, I was the first visitor at Agony Aunt's yesterday - my game felt like total crap so I had a dialogue with her. Me talking is line 1 and 3, her talking is line 2. Are you with me or do you need more explanation - I will happily provide that if needed? (Hmpf, men...)

lol!
Back to top Go down
sasori3

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 5:29 am

still dont get it
Back to top Go down
lonewolf1221

lonewolf1221

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 5:50 am

so you were talkin to yourself, WOW women ARE crazy Very Happy

lol just joking Brynhild. unfortunatly only a few of us actualy use the forum so not many people will be talking, soooo go out and invite people to the allaince guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brynhild

Brynhild

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:39 am

sasori will need to work on his feminine side, just like lonewolf is doing - well done, lonewolf for getting my point Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

TheFlyingGreenMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 5:23 pm

"I can't get a girlfriend. Do I have to act like the touchy feely guys who all seem to have girlfriends?"

"Yes you do, play tough and aggressively, no girly girly acts will help you at all"

"BLAH! I'm not cut out for this"

Last edited by TheFlyingGreenMonkey on Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the " ")
Back to top Go down
lonewolf1221

lonewolf1221

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 5:41 pm

lol awww TGFM needs help ? im sure that cant be the case lol

just flirt with ALL girls lol works for me Very Happy

kinda stepin on your toes there are'nt i brynhild Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Brynhild

Brynhild

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:00 pm

*OUCH lonewolf, get off my toes!!!*

Never mind, this was too hilarious to miss, so lonewolf could act Aunt in my place when I'm away, because he is doing a tremendous job in that position! LOL

And hey, TFGM, you should take lonewolf's advice - flirt flirt flirt! One day you might be lucky to find a girl who plays Ogame with you. That doesn't sound too bad now, does it? Or she might like your skin colour and find it as exotic as can be. Just be who you are really Smile

Let me give you an example from real life: geek meets girl, geek likes girl, girl likes geek, geek makes girl pregnant, geek gets a child. So far so good, right. Now, what is the chance of geek child becoming geek when (s)he grows up? Huge. It's in the genes sort of. And the world is full of geeks, so where do you think they all came from? And what where their parents? Yes, quite right - some of them where geeks. So now you put your own "label" into this very logical thought path and voilà - TFGM meets girl, TGFM likes girl, girl likes TFGM and so on. Got it?
Back to top Go down
lonewolf1221

lonewolf1221

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 6:08 pm

lol Brynhild was good with her advice, also with the flirting thing it works because girls TALK (oh god do they talk Shocked ) so if you get noticed but she’s not interested she has friends if ya get where im goin’ Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:16 am

Yeah...Girls Talk a lot....
Back to top Go down
Brynhild

Brynhild

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 12:07 pm

Hey why do you think the larynx was invented??? You're supposed to use it... Razz

Anyone else having problems or something else they want to share with the rest of the team? I'm happy to help where I can Smile
Back to top Go down
lonewolf1221

lonewolf1221

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 12:13 pm

how do i get more members to talk about the G8 thing?
Back to top Go down
Brynhild

Brynhild

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 12:20 pm

That is a very good question.

Circulars don't seem to help, neither do encouragement to join irc or this forum help. I suggest you keep sending one circular a day where there is the same compact info and where you maybe praise those who have already reacted, so that they feel like good allies in a good alliance, whereas those who are extremely slow and/or ignorant may have really bad conscience.

Shame on the snails, I mean come on Smile Kick some butt if you like, you have my blessing, because we really need to take a stand when there are problems and members are treated badly by shitheads from other alliances. To war I say.
Back to top Go down
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

TheFlyingGreenMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 5:01 pm

How do I get the jobs I applied for to hire me?
Back to top Go down
Brynhild

Brynhild

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 4:35 am

Well, for starters you should tell us a bit more about your background Smile

I'm thinking a bit more info on the job (what skills are needed and how motivated are you) and something about the selection process in general (are you applying with cv or not, in person or not, and so on) and then finally about your "appearance" -yeah I know, sounds crazy- when in interaction with a potential employer (clothes and so on; do you make an effort or not).

You can also send a pm to me if you don't want to give an answer to all of the team here in the forum, not that I'm an expert at applying for jobs but I've usually had success on this matter Smile
Back to top Go down
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

TheFlyingGreenMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:17 pm

I applied to a gerocery store, a dollar tree and a shopko. Online applacation.
Back to top Go down
Brynhild

Brynhild

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:41 am

Agony Aunt is thanking you for the very helpful additional information. Okay, let's see. What do they ask for in the online application? I mean, there must be some kind of field there where you can write a personal comment, right? Or is it just straight forward yes or no and basic info about you?

If you can't write anything in your own words, then it's perhaps almost impossible for you to get through to them, to show precisely how trustworthy you are, how wonderful a personality you do have and how superior it is to the other applicants', so if I were you, I think I would apply like they wish you to do - over the net, which is extremely impersonal - and then maybe do something to make them remember you, like show up at the store and casually ask about the selection process, whether there have been many applicants and so on. On the other hand that might be too pushy, so it's a really fine balance between too much and still okay.

And if this sounds like too much, then how would it be to apply for something that there has been no official application process for? Could you get a job that way where you live, or are there too few available jobs at the moment?

One thing I just thought of regarding online applications is the spelling. If your text has many errors in it, they will never hire you, because it is an indication of sloppiness, so make sure that you read through what you've entered at least once before hitting the send button and if you do think your language isn't perfect, then have someone else look through it, too. This is almost insanely important!

I'd be happy to comment further if you still want me to, and otherwise good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Brynhild

Brynhild

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:12 am

Hey TFGM, how did it go? Still need to vent about the job situation? Agony Aunt is tuned for listening as always.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blah blah - At the agony aunt's   Blah blah - At the agony aunt's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blah blah - At the agony aunt's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WrathofDragons :: Public :: Spam-
Jump to: