WrathofDragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrathofDragons

The Wrath of Dragons is here to bring the wrath of the Dragons to uni 39. We have experienced every concept of Ogame: War, Trades, CRs, HoFs and peace. We want to take over this universe over by what ever means possible. We will protect everyone who joins

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Look a Book

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

TheFlyingGreenMonkey

Look a Book Empty
PostSubject: Look a Book   Look a Book Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:54 pm

This is like the T.V. show and flim topics......except with books. Tell us about that good book you just read. You can also post your opinions about manga and comics here too! Very Happy

Name:
Auther:
Quick Summary(Don't give anything away):
Back to top Go down
lonewolf1221

lonewolf1221

Look a Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look a Book   Look a Book Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:23 pm

Name: noughts and crosses (its a trilogy but this is just the 1st book)
Auther: Mallory Blackman
Quick Summary(Don't give anything away):a world of racism where noughts are oppressed by the crosses. noughts are denoted by there pail white skin crosses by there dark brown skin. amidst this racism and political strife there is a love story between to old friends one a nought one a cross. the trilogy also has terrorists, explosions, good plot twists and many people die that you don’t want to die.
Dislikes: all the people u like die Sad
Back to top Go down
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

TheFlyingGreenMonkey

Look a Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look a Book   Look a Book Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:44 pm

Name: The Da Vinci Code
Auther: Dan Brown
Quick Summary: Robert Langdon is a Haverd Professor of symbology. One night he is called by the french police saying they needed his help. In a chain of clues, events and plots by people Langdon well learn about one of the biggest secerts of human kind.
Likes: Good characters, symbology, good plotline, action pact.
Dislikes: Religious people tend to bash it, people who just say the movie tend to bash it.
Back to top Go down

Look a Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look a Book   Look a Book Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:59 am

Name: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Author: Hunter S. Thompson
Quick Summary: The author and his Samoan lawyer venture to Las Vegas to cover a motorcycle race as journalist, armed to the teeth with ever type of drug imaginable.
Likes: The way he writes one can not help but laugh. That and he captures the drug mindset so well that even with no experience you can enjoy the read. Well worth picking up.
Dislikes: Not a whole lot, other than some people might find it offensive.
Back to top Go down

Look a Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look a Book   Look a Book Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:19 am

I'm a huge fantasy book reader myself, started off with the obvious wizards and warriors kinda stuff (I actually read all the World of Warcraft pocket novels which I have to say are rather good)

Anyway, one serie and one book:

Name: The discworld series
Author: Terry Pratchett (this guy writes faster then I read!)
Quick Summary: Every book tells another story of multiple characters in a world known as the discoworld. The discworld is best described as a big pizza which is on the back of 4 giant elephants which are standing on the back of a huge space turtle. And that explanation on it's own gives you quite a good idea what these books are like Wink
Likes: The humor and the fantasy world with hints toward the real world. You can read a build up of 60 pages where after in 1 page everything comes together perfectly and you're literally rolling on the floor laughing.
Dislikes: To many books, I can't keep up with reading!

Name: Orcs
Author: Stan Nicholls
Quick Summary: A band of the most feared orcs employed by an evil Queen fears for there lives after failing there mission and desides to go rogue.
Likes: Blood and guts! I never read a book that was able to paint me such a picture of what's going on before. These orcs are trained killers and it's lovly to see/read them do what they were trained for. Nicely passed with nicely rounded characters, went through it really fast.
Dislikes: They could easily write 3 more books to round up the story better.
Back to top Go down
Brynhild

Brynhild

Look a Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look a Book   Look a Book Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 2:39 pm

Name: Neuromancer
Author: William Gibson
Quick Summary: Cyberpunk classic from 1984, first book of the Sprawl trilogy. Case is a "space cowboy" hired to do the ultimate job as a hacker.
Likes: The cyberspace as a concept was coined in this novel and Gibson takes cyberpunk and literature in general to a whole other level. His language is unique and he invents words like no other author before him (my opinion), and he manages to describe both the beauty and ugliness of the corrupt, rotting human being in such way that the reader is left begging for more. Luckily there are many more novels by him to read. A really hot book, cool at the same time!
Dislikes: You really need to concentrate when you try to conquer this one, but on the other hand you'll read it many times again, because the language is so special that it's impossible to take the whole story in on the first reading.

I'm reading it the second time now, first one was about ten years ago, and I had forgotten surprisingly much due to above-mentioned reasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Look a Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Look a Book   Look a Book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look a Book
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WrathofDragons :: Public :: Spam-
Jump to: